Re: [webappsec] pre-Agenda: Conf Call work mode

On 2015-04-03 22:04, Brad Hill wrote:
> <snip>
>
> We'll still reserve some time to address issues that pop up on the mailing list and need more immediate resolution, but the overall hope is that we will be less randomized and that some structure and pre-commitment by Editors will help motivate more regular progress.

Random or not, the browser vendors took a unilateral decision removing support for plugins like NPAPI and ActiveX, without considering the consequences for the users of such.  Compared to the developments going on in "App" space (probably including Facebook's recently announced payment system), /Web developers have become very disadvantaged/.

As an example these guys have virtually no web(browser) technology to power their stuff with:
http://www.w3.org/2014/04/payments/webpayments_charter.html

No, I [surely] don't want resurrect ActiveX, I only want the browser vendors to realize that some kind of replacement is needed.

Anders