RE: HTML Imports and CSP

And I’m saying that I disagree, what you have listed is a system that mixes code with data, and copes with the security burden that creates. I don’t know LINQ, had to look it up, and I find this: “LINQ extends the language by the addition of query expressions<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expression_(computer_science)>, which are akin to SQL<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL> statements, and can be used to conveniently extract and process data from arrays<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Array_data_structure>, enumerable classes<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_(computer_science)>, XML<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML> documents,” So, it is subject to similar threats to SQL injection, which is yet another form of mixing code with data and getting threats as a result. As I said, I don’t know LINQ at all, so don’t know what was done to mitigate those threats, and don’t speak for Microsoft with respect to LINQ.

From: Jim Manico [mailto:jim.manico@owasp.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2015 11:02 AM
To: Crispin Cowan
Cc: Mike West; Devdatta Akhawe; Justin Fagnani; public-webappsec@w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML Imports and CSP

There are several cases that I listed below where this is not the case.

What I am saying is that if we want a secure future, we need frameworks that allow the mixing of code and data in a safe way, like LINQ, Go templates and many other modern framework examples in the wild today.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode