Re: Proposal: not-a-scheme digest URI scheme, with graceful degradation

The proxy domain idea is pretty difficult to fit into existing models
for how browsers and the web work, it creates some rather large issues
with origin-based security used everywhere on the web, and it only
works for downloads.  I believe we're on a more flexible and
compatible track with the SRI approach, and I'm not sure I understand
why you think it doesn't meet the high-level goals you want.  We're
trying to solve problems for users, not create or support arbitrary
new schemes just for the sake of doing so.  Using a subset of ni: uri
features to convey integrity metadata as HTML attributes provides
protection to users with browsers that support it and is ignored by
those that don't, at much lower complexity cost than your proposal.

Regards,

Brad Hill