Re: Call for consensus to move forward with proposed rechartering of WebAppSec WG

<Hat = WG Participant>

I spoke with my legal team, and they are concerned about the Permissions
API.  It is somewhat out of character with the rest of the work this group
is doing.  Everything else is roughly about setting security policies and
hints from the server to be implemented by the client. In contrast, the
Permissions API is adding new app-focused APIs in the client.  While it is
simple now, it may become a hook on which more complex work will be hung,
around schemes for prompting users, managing permissions, etc. and this
may enter into areas where members have IPR concerns.

As a member, I'd like to request that we remove this out of the draft
charter as it more properly belongs in WebApps or Device API by virtue of
its IPR penumbra.  I could probably live with adding language tightly
scoping it to its current functionality, but it might be better for
everyone if it went somewhere else it didn't have to be "dead-ended" in
this way.

Dan, I'd like to ask you to manage the consensus on this topic going
forward, given my need to take a position as a participant.

Thank you,

Brad Hill