Re: [SRI] Escaping mixed-content blocking for video distribution

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Brad Hill <hillbrad@fb.com> wrote:

>  Mark,
>
>   There is work going on in the OAuth WG on authenticating HTTP requests:
>
>  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-signed-http-request-00
>
>   Have you looked at this to see if it is suitable for your use case?

​I think that is about enabling the server to authenticate the request.
What I think we need is for the UA to verify that the request processed by
the server was the same as the one it sent, so that the ​
​UA can be sure the traffic is not subject to attacks such as the Verizon
"perma-cookie".​

>   I think we would definitely like to continue the discussion on SRI for
> insecure origins, and on methods like unbalanced Merkle Tree hashing to
> apply integrity to streamed data, but the consensus seems to be strong that
> these should be "Level >= 2" features, and the discussion should be
> informed by the results of experimenting with the minimum-viable set of
> features currently proposed for Level 1.

​I'm offering no opinion on standardization schedule, just asking for
opinions on whether this is worth working on.

...Mark​