Re: Remove paths from CSP?

On 21-May-14 17:02, Daniel Veditz wrote:
> On 5/20/2014 7:18 AM, Sigbjørn Vik wrote:
>> However, I do not think I will be able to convince you to support the
>> alternative proposal of dropping error reporting instead, even if that
>> from a security point of view is better.
>
> I'm not convinced error reporting is the problem, though--the fact that
> it's blocked is. Can't you detect whether something got blocked through
> onload/onerror entirely within the attack page?

Correct. So the browser would have to pretend the page loaded (in the
same way it would have done without CSP), regardless of whether it was
blocked or not. This is not trivial to implement, it is essentially what
the same origin policy does; avoid leaking information between unrelated
origins.

> That said, I'd almost be happy to consider dropping reporting because I
> think the flood of false-positive reports people get when they use it
> prevents people from deploying CSP.

:) Error reporting does have its uses, and given that it already has
implementations, it should be possible to make it available for users
who are so inclined. For instance through an extension API.

--
Sigbjørn Vik
Opera Software