Re: Reducing reporting noise

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 2:24 AM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
>
>> Any plans to share this specification? I assume it's the same non-public
>> spec that you've mentioned before? :)
>>

> DLNA has very recently made their specifications ("guidelines") available
> to non-members at [1]. The specific guideline I refer to is the CVP-2
> device profile found in Part 5: Device Profiles. However, the requirement I
> refer to below regarding CSP is in the process of being added to this
> guideline via the DLNA General Maintenance process. I will check if I can
> disclose the exact proposed text of the change to this group before it is
> added to the published guideline.

The proposed (draft) DLNA guideline requirements related to CSP are
essentially as follows:

[Guideline] RUI-H User Agent of a CVP-2 Client MUST implement and conform
to the Content Security Policy [CSP] reference as defined by W3C HTML5
Specification.

[Guideline] If a RUI-H User Agent of a CVP-2 Client allows installation of
third-party extensions or add-ons that permits the injection of third-party
content (of any form) into a Web page, then the RUI-H User Agent MUST apply
[CSP] policy directives to the third party content when those policy
directives are sourced from a RUI-H Transport Server using HTTPS.

[Guideline] When applying CSP to a third-party extension or add-on, the
RUI-H User Agent MUST NOT report policy violations unless the violated
policy directive was specified in a Content-Security-Policy-Report-Only
header.