Re: Reducing reporting noise

How complicated does this need to be? Not very.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-15#section-2.5

"""UAs SHOULD make a best effort not to inundate report-uris with
redundant reports.""" Especially if they know they are on an expensive
data plan vs. (potentially not expensive) wifi and if they know the
battery is low.