Re: Reducing reporting noise

Hi

I am not sure we need a new "dont-report" or "freq-xxx" directives. I
agree with Neil that it is easy for the server to filter these out. If
this "server-side" filtering is too painful, relying on the JavaScript
interface (say an event for each violation) makes more sense to me. A
declarative mechanism like "dont-report" or "freq-xxx", imho, won't be
flexible enough.

It seems to me that such a JS mechanism can be achieved via a
CSP-report-only header that has no report-uri. The
SecurityPolicyViolationEvent listener can then filter and aggregate as
needed and send the data to the server (modulo being pwned by XSS).

I agree that, per priority of constituencies, capping reports to
conserve bandwidth makes sense. But, I think this should just be left
to the browser with the spec only saying some sort of MAY wording
about capping reports.

cheers
Dev