Re: [Integrity] Signature based subresource integrity?

Thanks for the response. Is there another specification that is
targeted towards dynamic resources?

Consider the following example: I trust the creators of webkit.js[1]
and want to use that library in my website as a resource. However,
they only distribute the library through a CDN[2], who I do not trust.
I could re-host the library myself, but that kind of defeats the
purpose of using a CDN (pre-caching, auto-updating, etc.).

This is very analogous to Linux package mangers, where often
developers can't afford host their resource themselves. By signing
their resource, any repo mirror can host the file and any system can
safely install the resource from any mirror.

The biggest use case for something like integrity-through-signing
would be for FIrefoxOS app developers. Currently, you have to package
all the resources you need in your app, which leads to a ton of
duplicated resources on a device. It would be great to have
dependencies (just like a Linux package manager) so you didn't have to
package subresources in your app.

Daniel

[1] - https://github.com/trevorlinton/webkit.js/tree/master
[2] - http://cdnjs.com/libraries/webkit.js