Re: CSP formal objection.

With my editor hat on: there's no reasonable way to validate this sentence
for cross-browser compatibility. It is vague enough to allow multiple
interpretations (what does "interfere" mean, really?), and different
vendors allow add-ons different capabilities which the spec is necessarily
silent on. For instance, nothing in the spec notes that Chrome's content
settings should be able to block resources otherwise allowed by CSP.

With my browser vendor hat on: I don't plan to change Chrome's behavior to
make extensions more subject to a page's CSP, regardless of this sentences'
presence in the spec. That runs counter to extensions' purpose, and the
priority of constituencies.

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Google+: https://mkw.st/+, Twitter: @mikewest, Cell: +49 162 10 255 91

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)