Re: [REFERRER] Where does "Determine request’s Referrer" get its URL from?

(Jungkee, Jake, there's some feedback on the service workers
specification below.)

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> The Client object here doesn't seem to have much to do with the "client"
> concept in the fetch specification. One is a JS Object in the
> ServiceWorker scope. The other is a JS Lexical Environment with a null
> outer environment reference.

What they are meant to refer to is equivalent in the abstract.

> What I was asking is why does fetch use a global environment as one of the
> concepts it tracks, instead of, say, an event loop, a script settings
> object, or a global object.

A global object or something on the same level is what I'm looking
for. I did not realize a global environment would be much different.
But I can see now how a global environment is very JavaScript-specific
whereas a global object could work across languages.

Should I reference
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#global-object then?
And then specifications that hook, can talk about client being a
Window, WorkerGlobalScope, DedicatedWorkerGlobalScope,
SharedWorkerGlobalScope, or ServiceWorkerGlobalScope...

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/