Re: [webappsec] ISSUE-53: UISecurity input-protection heuristic for composited rendering

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Giorgio Maone <g.maone@informaction.com>wrote:

> I think before giving up we should ask some browser folks actually well
> versed in their layout/rendering implementations to chime in and tell us
> whether what we're trying to accomplish is more or less viable, and/or
> if there's a better approach to achieve the same goals.

I think it's viable. Clicking on an input-protected frame would be slowed
down a little bit while we read back data for comparison, but that that's
surely OK.

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/user-interface-safety/raw-file/43644c06b379/user-interface-safety.html#alt_heuristic

> ? Any comments/suggestions? Many thanks in advance!

I think we could implement 9.3. We're already planning to add a frame-level
compositor-based screenshot API to Gecko.

My main concern about this whole proposal would be whether the false
positive rate is acceptably low.

Also if you know any other field expert from
> Mozilla/Google/Apple/Microsoft who may want to help, please let us know.

James Robinson at Google.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*