Re: [webappsec] POLL: Getting CSP 1.1 to LCWD

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

> * Glenn Adams wrote:
> >On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
> wrote:
> >> The text in question is a normative requirement. Doing otherwise has
> >> a potential for causing harm and so it has to be a requirement, too.
> >
> >It is a normative recommendation (SHOULD NOT), not a normative requirement
> >(SHALL NOT).
>
> That is a common misconception among novices.

Surely you are not calling me a Novice Bjoern. I reviewed 2119 for Scott
Bradner when he was drafting it.

In any case, I was using requirement in the conventional sense, as meaning
necessary. While you are using it in a specific technical sense. We are
both correct. And I am not confused.