RE: CSP not being applied to <applet> tag

Based on above, I argue that spec behavior per CSP 1.0 is to not load the plugin in this situation - no spec changes required.

From: Brad Hill [mailto:hillbrad@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:48 PM
To: Boris Zbarsky
Cc: public-webappsec@w3.org
Subject: Re: CSP not being applied to <applet> tag

Uuuuggggghhhhh...... so it falls to the plugin itself to enforce the policy.  But of course, the ones that don't are the ones you really want to stop the most.

Maybe we should at least special case a calculated policy of object-src 'none' to just block any plugin instantiation? Or is support for media-types in 1.1 close enough down the road?