Re: CSP: workers

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com> wrote:
> I don't think this makes sense. The worker has permissions to do things
> which hosting documents (of which there must be at least one) can do, and
> that means that if I host a worker from a doucment, it should apply the same
> policy as the document that begat it.

We will have workers, such as controllers and probably event workers
long term, that will run when there are no documents around.

> This is why I've been advocating the splitting when policies differ.

That turns the basic guarantee of origin + shared name into origin +
shared name + CSP of which CSP can be outside the control of the
person writing the scripts. That seems like a bad idea.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/