Re: About script-nonce

Hi David,

Yes, if 'unsafe-eval' is enabled, then it's perfectly possible to emulate
'script-nonce' on current pages by evaluating the content of script blocks
that were otherwise blocked. There would be a bit of difficulty around
delivering the random nonce safely to JavaScript, but I'm sure some clever
mechanism could be worked out.

Regarding the loader API, what questions do you have specifically? I'm not
familiar with the details of the proposal, but based on a quick glance, it
appears that  we would want to govern 'Loader.prototype.eval' and
'Loader.prototype.evalAsync' under the same rules as 'eval', and govern the
fetching semantics under the same rules as 'script-src' matching.

In general, I'd say that if it loads something over the network or directly
executes plaintext, the same rules should apply.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Developer Advocate
Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany