Re: Heads up: proposal moving test repos to GitHub

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 10:42, Mike West wrote:
> Hey Odin,
>
> Can you give a quick update on this? I skimmed the thread you pointed to,
> but I didn't see a clear conclusion regarding the test suite's final
> home.
> :)

Sure Mike! :D

There's currently a call for consensus on this on the webapps mailing
list, with a deadline of 22nd of March:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013JanMar/0858.html

It seems to be going through. The name has changed since last time, the
repository was named html-testsuite, but now it'll be named
web-platform-tests.

Location of e.g. cors and csp tests might then be:

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/cors
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/csp

And our friends might be easily accessible from the same repository:

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/xhr
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/html <- this one is huge and
already exists

It is synced every ten minutes to
http://w3c-test.org/web-platform-tests/master/

The main repository page on GitHub also carries some information and
should be updated whenever some process changes:
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests

--
  Odin Hørthe Omdal
  odinho@opera.com