Re: broadening default-src semantics

On 5/31/2013 2:28 PM, Yehuda Katz wrote:
> This is a reminder to Adam about a conversation we had.
>
> At present, default-src expands into a list of more granular directives.
> It would be better if it was spec'ed as covering all network requests,
> period.

That was Mozilla's original intent, although the implementation is via
specific code paths covered by one or another of the granular
directives. There shouldn't be any loads triggered from web content that
is not covered by one of the existing other directives, but should a
vendor invent one between spec updates it should be covered by
default-src (assuming it doesn't naturally fit in one of the existing
categories).

-Dan Veditz