Re: CORS: Requirement for HTTP 200 response on preflight is not web-compatible and doesn't seem to be interoperably implemented

From: Odin Hørthe Omdal <odinho@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 22:18:40 +0100
To: public-webappsec@w3.org
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 08:17 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> The specific restriction to 200 only no one is arguing for, so I'm not
> sure it's worth discussing at all.  The only question is what should
> happen for response codes in the 2xx range that are not 200 or 204.

http://test.s0.no/w3c-tests/webappsec/tests/cors/submitted/opera/staging/status-async.htm

So, I added a few extra cases which might help us to see what the
implementations do. Since I'm home I only have Ubuntu with the standard
browsers installed. Opera green all the way, not interesting.

The Chromium I have is rather old, 24, and it fails every test that has
to do with preflights in that test.

Firefox 18 fails for all of the 2xx tests, which shouldn't be a surprise
based on what bz said :-)

I also upped the timeouts a bit because it was timing out much more with
moar tests.

--
  Odin Hørthe Omdal
  odinho@opera.com