Re: ISSUE-32: Do we specify that path-specificity applies only to hierarchical URI schemes?

From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:30:18 -0800
To: Web Application Security Working Group <public-webappsec@w3.org>
The way we handled this in rfc6454 was using the following text:

"If the URI does not use a hierarchical element as a naming authority
(see [RFC3986], Section 3.2) ..."

That references https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-3.2, which
is a definition that folks seemed to be happy with.  We might want to
reference that same concept as well so that it's consistent with the
web origin concept.

Adam