Re: Sub-origins

Just to throw this out there, I believe most of Adam and my objections to
Michal's serialized version of suborigins are around usability. However, I
think we probably alleviate most of that my simply requiring in the spec
that they never appear to a user (that is, a frame URL will always appear
in UI elements without the suborigin).

However, if I'm not mistaken, this brings a whole other set of legacy
problems. Part of the goal of the separate, structured suborigin was that
legacy browsers and servers looking in the traditional origin space would
see a normal origin (in the case of httpheaders) or nothing (in the case
of postMessage). However, in any of these serialized versions, a legacy
application will now see something that's *almost* a normal origin, but not
quite. That seems like a dangerous proposition in it's own right.

Perhaps I'm missing something, though. Brad, is this not a concern of
yours? How would we expect a legacy browser,  for example, to gracefully
handle a hash origin or http://foo$bar.com origin?