Re: [filter-effects][css-masking] Move security model for resources to CSP

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2013, at 7:28 AM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Even so that would still mean CSS will have this fragment identifier
>> presence determines processing behavior bug. Clearly a new syntax
>> should have been used for masks, e.g. mask(url)...
>
> We try to solve problems, not to create new.

But this is a problem and it is new.

> CSS Masking combines the existing mask syntax of SVG (with url()) with the existing prefixed mask-image/mask syntax in WebKit (and now Blink) based browsers. A simple way would be to download the resource and check the type then and proceed depending on the data type. Firefox people asked for a solution to verify on interpreting the property value / URI during parsing.

That WebKit landed a security bug sounds like the source of the
problem here. Does WebKit not consider this a security bug? (And that
we suggested that particular solution, ewww.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/