Re: Trigger a DOM event/error when a CSP violation happens.

On 11/27/12 1:50 PM, Devdatta Akhawe wrote:
> I am not even sure opt-out is needed: you can just not set a handler
> if you don't want the events.

Not opt-out in the sense of whether the page content wants the events,
opt-out in the sense that a policy setter (an add-on, perhaps) doesn't
want reports of its activities sent to the page.

add-ons or otherwise modified clients (hosts files?) can already
suppress content loads. There's no real gain making this one particular
mechanism noisy with no recourse and some privacy/fingerprinting harm.
I'd prefer add-ons to consider using the CSP mechanism when possible as
a well-defined, stable, mechanism.

-Dan Veditz