Re: ISSUE-38: Discuss no-mixed-content further as a 1.1 experimental directive

On 11/2/12 9:22 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
> I'm not sure how useful this directive is now that many user agents
> are blocking mixed scripting by default.

That raises a fairly good point: if multiple user agents are already
doing (part of) this we should probably specify this behavior somewhere
or at least argue about it.

I believe no-mixed-content was intended to also block mixed-display
content (images and such) that user-agents currently don't block. I
believe the motivation is to give top-level documents some ability to
prevent 3rd party included content (for example, framed ads) from
triggering negative UX or warnings in browsers.

-Dan Veditz