Re: Line numbers in Content Security Policy reports

Thanks Neil!

In the general case, I think this is a good idea. I'm not convinced that
giving you X characters of context is helpful, but a line-number (or
perhaps a function name or call stack?) would probably be quite useful.

The only complication I see is the potential privacy impact of revealing
code that an extension or add-on has injected. Ideally, of course,
extensions would bypass a page's CSP, but that isn't currently the case,
despite ongoing work in that direction.

Are there other objections to adding this sort of context? Dan, Tanvi, Ian,
perhaps you could give some feedback regarding Mozilla's current
implementation, which does provide some of this information already?

WDYT?

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Developer Advocate
Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany