Re: CORS

#1 To quote Travis, "A self-granting permission model just isn't
secure--the permission grant must come from the resource being
requested."

#2 Most distributed systems use both public and non-public APIs.  The
public APIs are carefully vetted, but the non-public APIs often make
assumptions about their inputs because those inputs come from a
smaller, more tightly controlled set of endpoints.

CORS isn't for public APIs.  CORS makes it easier for components of a
distributed system to collaborate via non-public APIs.

When you suggest adding your site to bank.com's list, you are
effectively saying "I should have access to non-public APIs because I
am an integral part of that distributed system and the implementation
of those non-public APIs took my service into account."  That is
simply not true.

If you dislike the fact that bank.com's public APIs don't suffice, ask
them to extend their public APIs.

If you notice that bank.com has a non-public API that does what you
want but is CORS restricted, you're out of luck.  Even if CORS
changed, the API is not public and they may change or remove it at any
time.