Re: New members

Thank you!

As a display researcher with already a peer-reviewed conference paper and
prior industry-standard writing experience --

I'll be focussing on the sphere of display update rate standardizations
(canvas, WebGL, etc)

-- upcoming variable refresh rate displays (e.g. VESA Adaptive-Sync, HDMI
2.1 VRR, G-SYNC, FreeSync)
-- compatibility with high-refresh rate displays used in the now
billion-dollar eSports gaming industry (144Hz, 240Hz, etc)
-- ultra low latency issues (e.g. browser compositing and desktop manager
compositing in the same refresh cycle)
-- VSYNC API's such as VSYNC OFF (1000fps+) for specialized low-latency
applications.

(As an aside -- it is noteworthy more than 80% of eSports competition
players use VSYNC OFF operation for low latency purposes in the
Olympics-race-tight milliseconds times they care about. It's already
implemented in some browsers: Chrome already supports this as a command
line option, but is not exposed as a JavaScript-controllable feature yet).

Current outstanding github issues include github
github.com/w3c/html/issues/375 (1 commit pending) and
github.com/w3c/html/issues/785

Cheers,
Mark Rejhon
Blur Busters/TestUFO