Re: CFC notice: Move Microdata to FPWD

> On Apr 11, 2017, at 20:20, Léonie Watson <tink@tink.uk> wrote:
>
> On 11/04/2017 04:45, Florian Rivoal wrote:
>>
>> Figuring out why this sort of thing happens, and making sure it doesn't happen again would be better.
>
> Simple human error unfortunately. Something we can try to avoid but never protect against entirely.

Sure, simple human errors happen, but this is one that has happened multiple times, and that is harmful to the already tense relationship between W3C and WHATWG.

We could for example have a mandatory checklist for when republishing a spec from some other group, which includes "have you credited the original authors". Or maybe something else, if that's not appropriate/practical.

But repeatedly offending people is not good, and it's worth taking preventive measures.

— Florian