Re: Planning for TPAC

On 04/04/2017 17:16, Olli Pettay wrote:
> given that TPAC will be hold in a country with hostile-to-humankind
> government, I sure some people will
> skip physical attendance @TPAC this time. So, it might be good to ensure
> particularly good ways to attend meetings remotely.

Yes, good suggestion. Thanks Olli.

> Usually attending meetings remotely has been challenging, but perhaps
> there is something to do there? Video conference maybe?
> (not sure which system is reliable enough. Google Hangouts tends to not
> work, Vidyo is quite ok, but might not be free, Skype is rather good but
> doesn't it limit the number of participants...)

WebEx is the default platform for W3C. I know it isn't everyone's first
choice, but I think it might do the job?

Skype is limited to 25 people [1]. Depending on how many people want to
participate remotely, that may be enough though.

We'd need to think about how it was setup at TPAC itself. Lots of people
all video conferencing would be a bandwidth killer - but perhaps one
machine in the meeting room, with the camera pointed into the room would
suffice?

Léonie
--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem