Re: HTML5's Offline-first Council of Trent

Hi Patrick (Congratulations on today) Technical Point follows: -

On a merit-based resource allocation basis, the two most fundamental,
essential, and absolutely necessary HTML5 Web-App feature enhancements are:
-

1) Background GPS device/user tracking support
2) Push API 1:M broadcast capability

These are enabling technologies that will catapult HTML5 Web Apps into the
Native App heartland and single-handedly alter the development-tool and
deployment strategies for Mobile App vendors around the world.

The reason these features do not appear on the W3C horizon is that they
show-case online-first and are anathema to the Offline-First Mafia that is
currently setting the agenda and feathering its own nest.

Technically, I have to admit to having absolutely no idea how a W3C
performance review would be conducted or how ROI on a given contributor's
input could be measured. I am a simple man who just needs a couple more
tools in the box in order to deliver the killer Web Apps my users are
begging for.

Where I come from, and certainly from my experience in London finance, it's
all about getting the job done! You can have two heads and be the most
obnoxious Maher in the world but you're paid to do a job and get around the
Sir Humphrey Appleby speed humps on the road the progress in order to do
it.

I'm not here to make friends or see how many followers I can get on
Twitter, and I apologize for being the only one without an original selfie
of myself looking wistfully off camera, but I'm motivated by results and
not married to the process.

HTML5 - Web Apps "The journey is *NOT* the destination!