Re: [custom-elements] Invoking lifecycle callbacks before invoking author scripts

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:

> > On Feb 24, 2016, at 9:06 PM, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@chromium.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Can you give a code example of how this happens?
>
> For example, execCommand('Delete') would result in sequentially deleting
> nodes as needed.
> During this compound operation, unload events may fire on iframes that got
> deleted by this operation.
>
> I would like components to be notified that they got removed/disconnected
> from the document
> before such an event is getting fired.

I'd rather not do that, all the sync script inside editing operations is a
bug, and you shouldn't depend on the state of the world around you in there
anyway since all browsers disagree (ex. not all of them fire the event
sync).

- E