Re: [custom-elements] Invoking lifecycle callbacks before invoking author scripts

> On Feb 23, 2016, at 1:16 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 5:26 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We propose to change the lifecycle callback to be fired both before invoking author scripts (e.g. for dispatching events) and before returning to author scripts.
>>
>> Without this change, event listeners that call custom elements' methods would end up seeing inconsistent states during compound DOM operation such as Range.extractContents and editing operations, and we would like to avoid that as much as possible.
>
> These are the events we wanted to try and delay to dispatch around the
> same time lifecycle callbacks are supposed to be called?

Yeah, I'm talking about focus, unload, etc... and DOM mutation events.  It's possible that we can make all those event async in the future but that's not the current state of the world, and we would like to keep the custom elements' states consistent for authors.

- R. Niwa