Re: [XHR] null response prop in case of invalid JSON

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Kirill Dmitrenko <dmikis@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> I've found in the spec of XHR Level 2 that if a malformed JSON's received from a server, the response property would be set to null. But null is a valid JSON, so, if I understand correctly, there is no way to distinct a malformed JSON response from a response containing only 'null', which is, again, a valid JSON:
>
> $ node -p -e 'JSON.parse("null")'
> null
> $

Use the fetch() API instead. It'll rethrow the exception for this
case: https://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/#fetch-api. Also, "XHR Level 2" is
no longer maintained. You want to look at https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/
instead (though for this specific case it'll say the same thing).

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/