Re: [Web Components] Editor for Custom Elements

On 04/06/2016 03:34 PM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
> From: Léonie Watson [mailto:tink@tink.uk]
>
>> Domenic Denicola briefly stepped into the role, but regretfully he has since
>> declined to work within the W3C community [2].
>
> That is not at all an accurate description of what has happened. I've very much enjoyed working with the W3C community on the w3c/webcomponents issue tracker, and think the collaboration there has been a success. It was a very helpful "incubation phase" for custom elements.

I do believe that the W3C community enjoyed working with you as well. I
certainly did at the last Web components f2f meeting.

But I hope you realize that coming in the W3C community, working with
them for while, and then take things away to continue the work elsewhere
is received as not working in good faith with the W3C community. This is
not a judgment of whether it was the right technical decision to do or
not but rather a pure social judgment. People in W3C working groups
don't expect to be told to go somewhere else after they contributed for
a while. Now, if you're interested in figuring out a way to solve this,
I'm sure plenty of folks in the W3C community, myself included, would be
interested in finding a way.

Philippe