Re: Telecon / meeting on first week of April for Web Components

Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, 2016-04-05 07:10 +0200:

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 12:19 AM, Jan Miksovsky <jan@component.kitchen> wrote:
> > I have no idea how to settle this question. If everyone else is happy using WebEx, and someone else can set up the video call, I certainly don’t have a problem with that. (My only issue would be if the meeting was restricted to voice only.)
>
> Does WebEx even support video?

It does

> In any event, per
> https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/InstallingWebEx this would require
> Java, which is a major security risk, and it seems the fallback is
> audio-only.

FWIW, there is an Android client (including video support). That is what I
use personally, though the only thing I use it for is it get the webex
system to call me back to dial me in to the conference on audio. After I
get that audio connection I then just shut down the client.

> So it seems better to use Hangouts or some such.

Yeah, if everybody can agree to that it may work out a lot better.

But another option is to use a WebRTC service like https://appear.in/ which
work well enough these days with up to 8 video connections going at once.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike