Re: Fingerprinting Guidance for Web Specification Authors

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
> Editors, All - please see "Fingerprinting Guidance for Web Specification
> Authors" <http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/NOTE-fingerprinting-guidance-20151124/>
> and reflect it in your spec, accordingly.

Tracking can be a tricky problem because it occurs at many layers in a
typical stack. It starts when the first TCP SYN is sent. If browsers
use an underlying transport like TCP/IP, should something be said
about it (ie., its in scope or out of scope)?

ETAGS were not mentioned in the document. In the context of the PING
working group, I would expect to see a treatment.

Jeff