Re: [pointerlock] Oct 2015 Pointer Lock Status

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 9:08 PM, Vincent Scheib <scheib@google.com> wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying. Basic usage is demonstrated in the wild but some
> edge cases should have clear demonstration in the test suite. I will
> generate those as other project priorities allow (and would of course
> review any from others).

One of the things that frequently go wrong with pointerlock in the wild is
that authors request it, but don't check the result of the authorization.
They then go on to write applications that only work right with pointerlock
(for example FPS controls), and UAs deny pointerlock (because the user
needs to click an allow button). The dialog to allow pointerlock is not
modal and it's also presented small at the top of the screen, so it's
frequently missed.