Re: Indexed DB + Promises

On 30/09/15 08:12, Jake Archibald wrote:
> I agree with Jonas, I'd like to see IDBRequest and IDBTransaction be
> thenables. This could be done by having a hidden promise, and having
> .then/.catch proxy to the same methods on the hidden promise.
>
> We just have to get over the throw/reject thing.

I believe that most browsers now have built-in tools to follow uncaught
rejections (or will shortly). If IDBRequest/IDBTransaction become
transparently thenable, we need to be careful that they do not leave
uncaught rejections lying around when the code uses the old, event-based
API.

This can be done, for instance, by making sure that any listener for the
"error" event silently catches rejections.

Cheers,
 David

--
David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD