RE: Tests for new shadow DOM API

Why not deprecate/remove the existing tests in the current folder structure? Presumably we can replace them with new tests that are aligned with the recent spec changes?

If the existing tests really aren't relevant anymore, I don't see a reason to keep them around.

From: rniwa@apple.com [mailto:rniwa@apple.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:07 PM
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Subject: Tests for new shadow DOM API

Hi all,

Where should we put tests for new shadow DOM API?  It looks like the tests in https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/shadow-dom/shadow-trees are mostly obsolete and I'm not certain how many of them could be adopted for the new API.

Would it make sense to rename this old one to "deprecated-shadow-don" and then create a new top-level directory "shadow-dom"?  We can then migrate or write new tests there.

- R. Niwa