Re: [worker] Integration of WorkerGlobalScope and AbstractWorker

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Bang Seongbeom
<bangseongbeom@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The current spec says that the internal worker scope is WorkerGlobalScope(or
> Dedi-, Shared-), the external is AbstractWorker(or Worker, Shared-.) But it
> destroys consistency with Window object and confuses users with the
> difference of WorkerGlobalScope and AbstractWorker.

Well, I don't think there's much consistency to be gained since it's
quite a bit different. And it's unclear whether consistency with
Window would be good, given all its legacy baggage.

> The global scope Window object can't access to the other Window object
> that's derived from the other origin because of the Same Origin Policy. Like
> this, we can restrict the access by it, not to separate the two objects.

What object would then use to communicate with the other side?

> And it's hard to understand that why can't terminate in WorkerGlobalScope
> and can't close in AbstractWorker. These two methods should be provided
> equally, or not.

Not sure about the rationale for this.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/