Re: [WebIDL] T[] migration

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 8:45 AM, Travis Leithead
<travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Recommendations:
> ·        HTML5
> ·        Web Messaging
>
> Other references:
> ·        CSS OM
> ·        Web Sockets
> ·        WebRTC

Note that in practice I would think that most implementations return
objects which have a .item() function on them. So replacing with just
a plain FrozenArray<T> likely would not be web compatible :(

We likely need to introduce something like FrozenArrayWithItem<T>
which returns a subclass of Array that has a .item function.

Or we need to add Array.prototype.item, but that would require
convincing TC39 that that's a good idea, and would need testing for
web compatibility.

/ Jonas