From: Travis Leithead [mailto:travis.leithead@microsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 11:45
To: public-webapps; Ian Hickson
Subject: [WebIDL] T[] migration

Hey folks,

Now that WebIDL has added FrozenArray<> and dropped T[], it’s time to switch over! On the other hand, there are a number of specs that have already gone to Rec that used the old syntax.

Recommendations:
• HTML5
• Web Messaging

Other references:
• CSS OM
• Web Sockets
• WebRTC

Legacy/Deprecated references:
• TypedArrays (replaced by ES2015)
• Web Intents

Thoughts on what to do about this? Should we consider keeping T[] in WebIDL, but having it map to FrozenArray<>? Should we issue errata to those Recs?