Re: I18N comments on "Manifest for Web applications"

On 3/24/15 10:21 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:
> is it possible to send mail to www-international@w3.org each time
> someone adds somethign to the github issue? (this is the list where we
> track and discuss issues).
>
> if so, i see no real difference between using github or bugzilla – our
> process is designed to cope with both bugzilla and email based
> comments (though it would normally be better to start with the right
> one rather than switch part way, so changing the SOD would indeed help).
>
> we should also ensure, however, that the titles of the issues and any
> associated notification mails always contain the i18n-issue-xxx string
> that will allow us and tracker to locate information for a given thread.

FYI, I just added "[i18n-issue-NNN]" to the title of the five Github
issues Ken created ([GH]) for the issues Addison submitted (and created
the "I18N-WG" label for them).

I don't know if the GH repo can be configured such that all activity for
just these issues can be automagically Cc'ed to www-international but I
know Dom has done so related work so I will follow up with him separately.

The boiler plate asking for feedback via GH and the Status section
asking for feedback via p-webapps is certainly suboptimal. AFAIK,
PubRules mandates the comment list. If we can't get that restriction
lifted, I recommend the relevant text in the SotD clearly state using GH
for comments/bugs/issues is *strongly preferred* and the list should
only be used as a `last resort`.

(FYI, all of WebApps' GH activity is mirrored to [p-w-gh], thus all I18n
activity can be found in the archive, f.ex. via [i18n].)

-Thanks, ArtB

[GH] <https://github.com/w3c/manifest/labels/I18N-WG>
[p-w-gh] <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps-github/>
[i18n]