Re: CORS performance proposal

> The cache would be on a per requesting origin basis as per the headers
> above. The Origin and Access-Control-Allow-Origin would not take part
> in this exchange, to make it very clear what this is about.

I dont want to conflate what could be seperate proposals, but they seem
closely related, this would improve the situation for easing the number of
preflight requests to be made, however still requires servers to follow
what is a fairly complicated process of setting up the appropriate headers

What if we allowed one of the response fields to denote this url is on the
public internet, please dont bother with cors restrictions. This means the
process of setting up cors could be to ensure a single response returns
with the appropriate headers and servers no longer need to worry about
every possible headers clients can send to each particular url.

(Clients would have to set a custom header to ensure the preflight
optimisation was skipped I believe)

This would be very much in line with how it was implemented for flash -
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/articles/crossdomain_policy_file_spec.html