Base Template (Was Re: Minimum viable custom elements)

> On Feb 12, 2015, at 4:50 AM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 12 February 2015 at 10:58, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl <mailto:annevk@annevk.nl>> wrote:
> which is a very different problem from what you want to solve, no?
>
> The problem I think needs solving for minimum viable custom elements is reducing reliance on bolt-on accessibility. From the example provided http://janmiksovsky.github.io/base-template/ <http://janmiksovsky.github.io/base-template/> it appears that in this instance it does achieve that end.
>
> I don't know whether this will extend to other UI controls or whether it is a practical solution, which is why I brought it to the list for discussion.

Again, this proposal or subclassing problem is nothing to do with custom elements but all do with shadow DOM.

Ironically, I've pointed out the exact same problem explained in this page last April and proposed to change the way shadow DOM works to solve it:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014AprJun/0151.html <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014AprJun/0151.html>

- R. Niwa