Re: do not deprecate synchronous XMLHttpRequest

Your message to which I replied is not cited accurately below by you.
The text you wrote is here, in between """ lines:

"""
How about a thread-safe but lock-free version of the DOM based on
something like Clojure's atom? So we can manipulate the DOM from web
workers? With cursor support?

How about immutable data structures for side-effect-free functional
programming?

How about .... Will think of more
"""

This message text is exactly what I wrote my reply against.

It's useless; sorry, this happens, but don't make a habit of it, or most
practitioners will unsubscribe to public-webapps. The DOM is a mutable
single-threaded store, so there's no lock-free version possible. You'd
have snapshots, with some cost in the snapshotting mechanism, at best.
Then, you wouldn't be able to "manipulate" in any shared-state sense of
that word, the DOM from workers.

Sorry, but that's the way things are. Dropping words like immutable and
lock-free doesn't help. That, plus a lot of attitude about deprecating
sync XHR (on all sides; I'm not in favor of useless deprecation, myself
-- good luck to browsers who "go first" on actually *removing* sync XHR
support), adds up to noise in this list. What good purpose does noise to
signal serve?

/be