Re: Shadow tree style isolation primitive

On 02/05/2015 01:20 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> You don't need strong isolation primitives to do a lot of good.
> Simple composition helpers lift an *enormous* weight off the shoulders
> of web devs, and make whole classes of bugs obsolete.  Shadow DOM is
> precisely that composition helper right now.  In most contexts, you
> can't ever touch something inside of shadow DOM unless you're doing it
> on purpose, so there's no way to "friendly fire" (as Brian puts it).

If we want to just help with composition, then we can find simpler
model than shadow DOM with its multiple shadow root per host and event handling
oddities and what not. (and all the mess with is-in-doc is still something to be sorted out etc.)

> Stronger isolation does solve some problems, sure.  But trying to
> imply that those are the only problems we need to solve,
No one has tried to imply that. I don't know where you got that.