Re: [Selection] Should selection.getRangeAt return a clone or a reference?

On 01/09/2015 12:40 PM, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> The advantage of the IE/Gecko behavior is you can alter the selection
> using Range methods.  The advantage of the WebKit/Blink behavior is
> you can restrict the ranges in the selection in some sane fashion,
> e.g., not letting them be in detached nodes.

It would be easy to change Gecko to ignore addRange() calls if the
range start/end node is detached.  We could easily do the same for
range.setStart*/setEnd* for ranges that are in the Selection.
Would that address your concern about detached nodes?

/Mats