Re: [Selection] Should selection.getRangeAt return a clone or a reference?

Pulling out my user hat:

Le 11 janv. 2015 à 01:30, Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name> a écrit :
> The reason for all this is that while it makes wonderful theoretical
> sense to support multiple ranges for a selection, and is necessary for
> extremely sensible features like allowing a user to select columns of
> a table, multi-range selections are nonexistent in practice.

I'm using multiple range selection very often. From every day to a couple of times a week. My main usage is when I use bookmarking services and I want to keep part of an article which are distant. Basically a "text1 […] text2 […] text3" scenario. I select when reading, and when finish I can bookmark all my selections in once. Also when I want to remove some noise from a paragraph.

It's a lot more practical than having to create individual bookmark for each part OR to have to select, bookmark and cut.

As a user I find that essential and very practical (implementation details apart).

--
Karl Dubost 🐄
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/